Pages

2 Corinthians 12:9

But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness."
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Soak it in and Pour it out



Soak it in and pour it out.
Snuggle, cuddle, comfort. Whisper, sway, and sing.
This is one of the phases of the ministry of motherhood.

Dear self, don't let it fly by without truly tasting and enjoying.
Bow to take in the scent of your newborn baby, often.
Memorize her little fingers, count her little toes.
Often.
Pull her close.
Breathe her in.
Watch her sleep.
Thank the Lord,
Often.

For this is your ministry, mother.
To nurse, to hold, to comfort.
Each diaper change an act of love,
Like the washing of feet.
Never mind the sleepless nights,
The weariness that comes.
Relish each moment.
Use each to its fullest.

This phase is ever fleeting;
A new one will come.
Enjoy each step along the way.
And pray,
Often.

2 comments: