Pages

2 Corinthians 12:9

But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness."
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Fragile


Life is so very fragile.  God keeps reminding me of that. Life as we know it here on earth is just a blip, really, when compared to the infinite life that stretches out after this body has served it's purpose, done its time.

So often, I find myself living as though this is all there is, as if there wasn't an eternity to consider.  My words and actions have a ripple effect through that eternity. How often do I consider that? Each word and action birthed can lift up or tear apart.  They even have the power to bring one closer to God or push them further away.

Humans are fragile.  That's why we need a Fierce God, a Mighty Savior. We're like Humpty Dumpty, all broken and gooey, and all the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put us together again..... because it's a job only the King Himself can do.  We're icky and messy and the job seems impossible, but nothing is impossible in Him.

I am fragile, but He is my strength.


Psalm 28:7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.

Psalm 29:11  The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment