Pages

2 Corinthians 12:9

But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness."
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Not enough, too many


That's how I'm feeling in my new "hi-I'm-a-mother-of-five" shoes.

How is it I can be calm and faithful when my baby isn't breathing and her heart isn't beating, but I just want to zone out when the daily chaos routine of life starts zapping my nerves?

Oh right, it all has to do with You, Lord.  I've got to lean on You for the small events too.

3 comments:

  1. You're right, you've got to lean on Him - not just for the really important stuff but the little things too. :)
    I'm learning this as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think sometimes it's motivation. You're very motivated by your love for your child when they aren't well. But housework doesn't rank "up there" ya know?? Hang in there. Put on some of your favorite tunes and do just one thing. Just one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not really housework for me (although I really do love a clean home)... it's balancing nursing a newborn, caring for a toddler, and homeschooling three children while tending to the other duties of life (preparing meals, remembering to brush my teeth, you know... all that stuff). :)

    ReplyDelete