Pages

2 Corinthians 12:9

But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness."
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Sunday, April 8, 2012

He breathes life into my ministry

It's so easy to forget.
To get caught up in the here and now and tomorrows and yesterdays.
To focus on the to-do's and the not-quite-done's and the that-needs-to-be-redone's.
It's easy to see the coloring pages ripped from their books, shoes scattered, crumbs sprinkled, toys littering the floor. Easy to get side tracked by the chores and the lessons and the errands.


And then it seems like, when God whispers, it's an interruption.
I'm like a child, ever distracted by things that sparkle.
And all that sparkles is not gold, my dear self.

This- my home, my children, my husband- this is my ministry.  But sometimes I get so focused on my ministry that I lose focus of my God. I lose sight of all the God-moments and the God-gifts and the God-whisperings, and the God-leadings because I'm trying to do it all myself, forgetting that it is God who not only breathes life into my babies but breathes life into this ministry.  Into me.

2 comments:

  1. It's like I could have written this. Though it would never come out as eloquent as this. :) But I've thought the same things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! My heart knows this. This letting God seem like a distraction when really it should be anything but.

    Thank you...

    Your words are really wonderful today.

    ReplyDelete